The Adobe Commerce Marketplace team does not have the ability to transfer extensions purchases to a different account. It is required to purchase all extensions under the primary entitled account to avoid installation and/or deployment issues.
The reason that extensions cannot install from a different account is due to Adobe Commerce is entitled to one unique identifier and since composer is used for installation, only one set of access keys can be used that are tied to the primary account. One set of keys to rule them all.
The only resolution available is initiate a refund request from the Adobe Commerce Marketplace purchasing account if allowed by Adobe Commerce refund policy.
You can still share the Commerce instance through the primary account :
The Shared Access functionality grants special permissions to a subordinate account from a primary account. The way it works is the Shared Access point is generated from the primary account. The primary account can be the Commerce entitled account, the main merchant account or an account shared within an organization.
These special permissions grant the same access level on Adobe Commerce as the primary, however it does not carry over to the Adobe Commerce Marketplace or Developer Portal. This means that buying an extension from a subordinate account in Adobe Commerce Marketplace cannot be shared to the primary account. Shared Access is a one-way street being primary account to subordinate. It does not work when subordinate account is trying to share back to the primary.
Add Shared Access User:
- Log in to My Account on magento.com
- Click on "Partner Portal" tab on top of My Account
- Click on "Shared Access" within left-side menu
- Click "Add New User"
- Fill out all relevant information
- New User Information
- Acc ID - User's MAG ID with whom to share resources
- Email - User's email with whom to share resources
- Shared Information
- Sharename - Nickname for sharing rules
- Your Email - checkbox to expose your email to the user which whom to share resources
- Phone - checkbox to expose your phone number to the user which whom to share resources
- Grant Account Permissions to the New User
- Select resources to share by checking appropriate checkbox
- New User Information
- Click "Create Shared Access".