Adobe Commerce Marketplace is constantly moving towards elevated extension quality and stability. A key factor for merchants' TCO is having their Magento extension suite up to date and available for seamless upgrades to the latest Magento version; to best serve this need, our goal is to proactively monitor and eliminate extensions that are out-of-date, out of compatibility with supported Magento release lines, or have been abandoned otherwise. To accomplish this, we are updating our policies to clearly state certain requirements for M2 version compatibility and frequency of updates:
- Every extension must be compatible with a supported Magento release line in order for the SKU to remain searchable and available for purchase.
- After every minor (2.x.0) Magento2 release, extensions have 90 days to submit a compatible version, otherwise they will be delisted (see Rule #3)
- After every patch (2.x.y) Magento2 release, extensions have 30 days to submit a compatible version. Extensions that do not pass EQP tests on a new patch release after 30 days, will be delisted.
- Delisted extensions' product pages will remain accessible by direct link and extension will remain downloadable from repo.magento.com, but won't be found in Search results or Catalog pages.
- When a Magento version enters End-Of-Life and is not supported by Adobe, all extensions that are not compatible with a supported Magento release line will be removed from Magento Marketplace after 30 days (not accessible at Marketplace by direct link, not available at repo.magento.com)
Please refer to Adobe Commerce release calendar for upcoming release schedule.
The following test environment compatibility and maintenance policies are going to be followed by Adobe:
- All extension version submissions are tested on the latest patch version of Magento available in each compatible Magento release line
- All dynamic tests for extension verification are executed on environment created using Magento Cloud Docker:
- If Magento Cloud Docker allows installation of several version of required software (e.g. PHP version) extension should be verified on the highest possible version
- If Magento Cloud Docker is not compatible with a Magento version for which compatibility is declared, EQP will reject this submission
Tips and Notes regarding Magento:
- All dynamic testing environments are updated within 10 working days after a stable Magento Cloud Docker version is available for the new Magento release, but not earlier than Magento release GA date
- All static testing environments are updated on the date of Magento GA Release (all used software must be upgrade to the highest compatible version during update)
- Magento Commerce reserves a right to request an out-of-cycle update for particular tests (e.g. release of new Magento Coding Standard)
- Vendors may declare support of obsolete Magento versions but such compatibility will not be verified
(edited September 3, 2021)